Tonight, September 18 is the Harvest Moon. Conception – Under the Light of the Moon??
Here are some quick tips on Moon and Fertility:
- As the Moon waxes, the estrogen levels go up, which peaks at the Full Moon.
- For women, the Full Moon is energizing and there’s less need for sleep; the radiant Moonlight makes women feel alluring and receptive to sex.
- During the waning Moon, higher progesterone prepares the womb for the possibility of new life.
- At the dark of the Moon, hormones are at their lowest, and there’s a need to rest and tune in psychically, so renewal can happen.
- The Moon’s mood lighting, the charged-up physical energies and expressive emotionality of the Full Moon are some reasons why it’s a peak for sexual activity.
- Birth rates are lower in the three-day period at the new Moon; this reflects the lowered libido and energy for sex at that time.
- At the woman’s natal lunar phase, high stress or sexual intercourse can bring on “spontaneous ovulation.”
- The lower birth rates at the new moon suggests that it’s a time of lowered libido.
- Your most fertile days are when the mid-cycle ovulation matches up with the natal lunar phase.
- The lunar phase can be calculated from your natal chart, by counting the degrees that the Moon is ahead of the Sun.
- Your fertility peaks when the Moon and Sun are in that angular relationship every month.
- There’s evidence that a man’s sperm count reaches a peak during his lunar return – when the Moon is in the sign he was born in.
- Dr. Jonas found that the sex of a baby was in synch with whether the Moon was in a masculine or feminine sign at the time of conception.
- The masculine signs are Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.
- The feminine signs are Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.
- For your best chance at a boy baby, have sex during your fertile times when the Moon is in a masculine sign. Choose a feminine sign for a girl baby.
Whether any of this is true or not, one can certainly hope that this wonderful Harvest Moon will help bring our little one Bellyside – and then in about 9 months or so – Earthside.
Happy Harvest Moon everyone!